A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS

Thursday, January 9, 2014

(I realize I am a little behind in posting about this but I couldn't miss writing about M's first Christmas)

 Since Christmas fell right in the middle of the week this year I took the whole week off to celebrate. Trust me, I didn't complain one bit as I was beyond excited to spend all that time with family celebrating little M's first Christmas. When I got off of work on Friday we were on our way to Orlando. The ride down really threw M off her usually schedule which resulted in an hour and half melt down. It was the first time she was stuck in her car seat for six and half hours but we made it with a semi happy baby at 1:30 in the morning. We always try and made it to the Christmas service and this time Madelyn was on the program to received her dedication. 

On Saturday before heading to church we had to stop by and see Vy's grandpa. He was the pastor of the church and a gentle kind hearted man. Before he passed, he was waiting for Vy and I to have a baby as she is the first great grandchild to carry the family name. It is apparent that Madelyn shares a few of the same features with him so we know that he is living within her.
When we arrived at church, it was the first time M was meeting the majority of the family. She was quite popular. Madelyn received her dedication from Vy's oldest uncle.
Vy and I say often that we are very lucky to have such a happy and sweet baby. She was so well behaved during service that you wouldn't even know there was a baby there.
A little family photo after service.
{What Madelyn Wore: Headband - Made by Me, Floral Cord Top, Tights - Old Baby Gap & Bow Back Flats }

  Then we have a very tired sleeping baby girl. This girl can really sleep anywhere. We are definitely enjoying it while it last.
For being such a sweet girl, M's auntie gave her an early Christmas present. 
 This year we were in Orlando a little longer than years past so we got to hang out with cousin and family a little longer. We were able to leave M with her grandparents a few nights to have a little grow up fun, we went a Magic basketball game and went to see Anchorman II. We have not been to the movies since I was about 38 weeks preggo when we saw the Great Gatsby, it's been that long. Vy's family celebrates on Christmas Eve where we all go over to his uncle's house to eat dinner, play white elephant game (wish I had photos as my hubs gifted a giant photo of his head) and open presents.
M stayed up way passed her bedtime and was not into any photos at this moment. Everyone was so sweet and generous to little M. 
  {What Madelyn Wore: Green Polka Dot Dress - Old Jack and Janie}

M wasn't too sure on what was going on.
On Christmas day we left early to head back to Atlanta to spend Christmas with my parents. The drive back home was 100 times better than on the way down and M was such a happy baby when we arrived at my parents, she is such a little trooper. It is a lot of traveling but we are able to spend time with both sides and full our hearts with all the joy and love of the holidays.

(After being in a car for six and a half hours I was looking pretty rough and the pictures that were taken I am not a fan so I'll spare you those.)

2 comments:

  1. Ok M's picture in the middle of her gifts might be one of my favorites! Looks like you guys had a fun family filled Holiday season - it's the best!!! M is getting so big, and cuter by the day! You should be a proud Mommy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, you are the sweetest!! Thank you for reading, I'm pretty sure you're one of the few to visit this little spot ;)

      Delete

Hover to Pin