IT'S THE LITTLE THINGS | SNOWED IN

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Since starting my blog I've been searching for the perfect link up so when I found "It's the Little Things" on Instagram I thought this is so me. I am teaming up with Jess from Sadie Sky Boutique and Ashley from Words About Waverly for my very first link up and I couldn't be more excited about reflecting once a week about the little things that happen in our everyday lives that make it a lovely one. 

Currently Atlanta is in the state of shock, in the beginning of the week snow has been on the forecast but what would happen when the snow finally came in is something this southern city was not prepared for. Like most people, I was not too sure that snow was even coming but my husband was worried from the beginning. On Tuesday morning we did our normal routine getting ready to go to work thinking that snow may be coming and hoping we would be able to leave early to come home if it was bad. While at work, my co-workers and I saw the snow coming down then within 30 minutes it was a full on snow storm. I called Vy around Noon when he said that he was heading home as he wanted my mother-in-law (who watches Madelyn) to head home. Shortly after talking to him my company stated that we could go home at our discretion which I took as I'm going home now. With the snow coming down all I wanted to do was to get home and play with my little family in the snow to celebrate M's first snow day. My normal 10-15 minute drive home took close to an hour. Everyone was trying to do the same thing I was. At this moment I did not realize how lucky I would be with my less then one hour commute.

When I arrived home I dress M in layers and out the door we went. She didn't care too much for the snow or even really understood what was happening but I had enough excitement for the both of us. There's just something about snow that makes you feel like a child again especially when it doesn't come often. However in the evening we began to realize how lucky we were to be at home, able to enjoy the snow with our little one. Many were stuck in their cars on highways with no movement in sight, children were stuck on school buses some even having to spend the night at school and people were abandoning their cars to walk miles to get home to their families. (For those brave individuals you are in my heart and thoughts.) It was then that I realized how blessed and thankful I am, how silly it was for me to be frustrated with my less than one hour commute when so many were still out there. I am so happy that those close to me made it home safely and that I was able to be home with my hubby, baby and doggies to enjoy this little snow storm.
 

Hoping that those families affected by this winter storm are staying safe and warm with the ones they love most. xo

 

6 comments:

  1. Glad you guys were able to get home. I am watching it on the news how said it is all the families and people stuck in the snow and on the roads.. Found you at the link up
    http://thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much chelsea! it definitely was unexpected how big of an impact it would have on our city but provided a reminder of what all we should be grateful for! xo

      Delete
  2. So glad to hear you guys are safe and making the most of that crazy weather....like getting pictures like the one you shared! Love it! Thank you so much for linking up with us...it means so much to Ashley and I :-)

    www.sadieskyboutique.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awe, thank you jess! loving the link up and happy to be apart of it :) xo

      Delete

Hover to Pin